Sunday 19 June 2016

A Guide: Navigating Your Misery


So keep your expectations low for this post. I have nothing to say, it’s been a slow week (really slow year tbh) but I always post on Sundays :D

A dear friend of mine once told me (after hours of ringing his ears with complaints) that everyone in world is in a constant state of despair and relative misery. I suspect he meant that there is, in life, a constant low-grade inflammatory depression that eats away at your soul until you make peace with it.

Maybe I’m just hella hungover and cranky, but I feel those words more and more as I get older (not much I’m still a nubile youth, don’t doubt my pussy’s tightness). And let’s face it no one likes sad girls, or angry girls people only like peppy, bubbly twatheads whose tits jiggle along with their pigtails when they release a feminine chortle at the joke that you just butchered. Or that’s what I imagine what men like.

OKAY COURTNEY I KNOW YOU’RE REALLY HAPPY WITH YOUR HIGHSCHOOL BOYFIREND WHILE I FREQUENTLY CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP. Please stop posting it on Facebook, Courtney. Courtney. God. Ha-ha jk (not really).

Even if you’re a self-proclaimed lover of black nail polish and pithy conversations about the sex crisis in Japan, you probably love happy people. I love happy people. I’m excited to admit that I have walked away mid-conversation from people I felt were harshing my mellow, it means that I have a low tolerance for bull-shite or something. But my question is why we all keep pretending that we’re not sad? Or why we veer away from depressed/mentally ill people, it’s like we’re convincing ourselves that we’re not one of them. That we’re normal.


*Gasp* do happy people actually exist anymore?

The fact is most people work 40 hour weeks come home to a family who is probably already planning on how to cash the insurance cheque after your death. Not all hope is lost tho, when I feel a mental ice-age coming on I just blast my ears with trash music and eat a tomato. Did you know that tomatoes are the nutrient equivalent of 3 apples?


This was a long-winded way of me asking for your best depression cures. Please and thanks!


ATG :(

No comments:

Post a Comment